A few weekends ago Anthony and I ventured over to the home of a few of our favorite people, Vanessa and Sean Ginn. Vanessa and Sean just completed their first home in Sherman Oaks, which has these fab kitchen I love to make a mess in!
That Friday night it was my turn to cook for the group and I choose a new one…Chicken Veggie Gluten Free Pasta. Delish!
Serves: 6 people (great for leftovers)
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 large yellow squash; sliced
- 2 c broccoli; chopped coarsely
- 2 c cherry tomatoes; chopped coarsely
- 1 bag gluten free pasta (I choose Fiorentini Gluten Free Corn Pasta straight from Italy)
- 1/3 c + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots; chopped
- 1 large lemon; juiced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 3-4 chicken breasts; chopped, approximately 1/2” cubes
- In a large pot bring water to boil. Once boiling add pasta. Cook according to directions on package.
- In one fry pan heat 1/3 c olive oil, garlic, and shallots to medium for 3 minutes.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium until oil is warm. Add chicken.
- Add broccoli and yellow squash to first pan. Mix thoroughly. Cook for minutes
- In second pan toss the chicken to get an even brown.
- In first pan, add chopped tomatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken to the first pan with basil, lemon juice, and red bell pepper. Cover and reduce to medium low. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once pasta is finished. Stain.
- Plate pasta and top with chicken veggie mix.
This dish was so good that the guys were fighting over the leftovers. Let’s just say this evening there were no doggie bags!