I was first introduced to this very interesting lettuce last year by my amazing friend, Melinda Soderling. I love salad but sometimes I get sick of the same old spinach. This mache lettuce adds a new sharp flavor to the salad menu! It is super easy to make, great for sharing, and great for lunch on the go!
Serves: 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side dish
- 1 bag of Trader Joe's Mache lettuce, washed
- 1 1/2 c sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium avocados
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- blacked crushed pepper
- Pull off the root of each mini-bunch of Mache lettuce (you can keep them on, I just like them separate).
- Cut the avocado meat into cubes.
- In a large bowl combine Mache, avocado, and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- In a small dish combine walnut oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Top with crushed black pepper. Toss salad, mixing dressing evenly.
- Serve up and enjoy! :)
For more great recipes and fitness tips go to: